[mythtv-users] Ahh - Evil xorg and modelines

Damian Surr damian at gingermagic.co.uk
Wed Jun 6 10:14:38 UTC 2007

Thanks for those quick responces everyone! I'll go and have a look at
that now. In the mean time, can anyone work out how on earth I can
deduce a working mode line from this information in the back of my manual?

Timing chart:
Supported timing for PC input
              Horizontal Vertical   Pixel
Resolution    Frequency  Frequency  Frequency  Mode
              (kHz)      (Hz)       (MHz)
              48.363     60.004     65.000     XGA_60
              56.476     70.069     75.000     XGA_70
1024 x 768    60.023     75.029     78.750     XGA_75
              68.667     84.997     94.500     XGA_85

I'm just trying to get that one resolution working for starters and I've
tried everything I can think of. My projector's actually a 16x9 display
with an 854x480 native resolution, but I've completely given up on that
for now. I thought I'd start with trying to get the list of supported PC
input resolutions working.

Cheers all
Damian