[mythtv-users] Ahh - Evil xorg and modelines

Damian Surr damian at gingermagic.co.uk
Wed Jun 6 09:53:35 UTC 2007

I'm ripping my hair out here. Trying every modeline under the sun but
can't get the screen to put up anything other than the default 800x600.

Could someone tell me how to at least see whatever error messages may be
being given? All I know at the moment is that everytime a restart X or
reboot it looks exactly the same still, so I try one other alternative
way of adjusting the modeline etc. I'm working blind though as I don't
know how to see any error output.

Cheers
Damian