[mythtv-users] dvb-t card with CI

Ruud Boersma ruud at claru.nl
Tue Jun 5 19:12:30 UTC 2007

Op dinsdag 05-06-2007 om 17:56 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef David
Campbell:
> James Buckley wrote:
> >
> > Well some things can be in a grey area (in the eyes of the law), where as
> > other things are obviously illegal. I'm not trying to be a spoil sport,
> > just
> > don't want to see MythTV get into trouble, I'm sure you can understand
> > that...
>
> I do and I agree conversations like that have no place on the list.
>
> Having said that - highly illegal makes it sound like treason or killing
> children.
>
> Illegal would have sufficed :)

Why is it illegal? I have to pay my television network provider for a
monthly subscription, to get a smartcard. That smartcard can be used
with the device (dvb-t) tuner that they provide or can be used by a
device used in a computer. These tuner card are being sold on the
commercial market. The ony question is: do these cards allready work
using linux?