[mythtv-users] ffmpeg quality for Flash Files

Bob Cottingham bobnvic at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 18:15:21 UTC 2007

On 6/5/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 06/04/2007 08:12 PM, Bob Cottingham wrote:
> > I updated to the latest svn and removed the "2>/dev/null" to try to
> > troubleshoot my setup and found the following error in the logs:
> >
> > [Mon Jun 04 17:24:47 2007] [error] ModPerl::Util::exit: (120000) exit
> > was called at modules/stream/handler.pl line 137Compilation failed in
> > require at /var/www/mythweb/mythweb.pl line 60.\n
>
> That error would be output (on some systems--like yours and mine--at
> least) because line 137 uses "exit" rather than "CORE::exit".  However,
> line 137 is only executed if the ffmpeg call fails.  The error message
> you should have gotten is "Can't do ffmpeg: /usr/bin/ffmpeg -y -i
> <recording filename> -s 320x240 -r 24 -f flv -ac 2 -ar 11025 -ab 64k -b
> 256k /dev/stdout |".
>
> So, reasons you may get that include:
>    a) Your ffmpeg is installed in /usr/local/bin.  If so, "ln -s
> /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg /usr/bin/ffmpeg" should fix it.
>    b) Your recording files are not accessible (in the proper location)
> on your MythWeb server
>    c) Your ffmpeg is expecting different arguments
>    d) You removed too little/too much from the ffmpeg command line.
>    e) Something else...  :)

Thanks. You called it in a). I made the symlink and then got the same
error, except at line 72 of the handler.pl file, which has the
following line right before the exit:
              "$basename does not exist in any recognized storage
group directories for this host.";

The problem is that I am running my webserver on a machine that is not
a backend.  I don't know how it is referencing the file. The directory
with the video recording is in the same location on the webserver (via
nfs) as it is on the backend (/var/mythtv/tv). I installed mythweb on
a backend machine temporarily and it did work. Any idea how to get
around this?

Thanks for your help!

Bob