[mythtv-users] Why does Myth HD channel scan miss some frequencies that HDhomerun gets? [WORKAROUND]

Rick rbonafied at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 00:08:10 UTC 2007

Just to bring this to partial closure... I opened a ticket (3546)
related to this issue.  After the ticket was opened, DanielK was kind
enough to look into it and discovered a bug in the way myth handles
scanning in this particular situation.  The situation being a rare one
where the scan results in a subchannel with stream info and another
subchannel without tied to the same frequency.

As I read this, I'm probably not doing the best job in explaining it.

Apparently, myth assumes all subchannels on a particular frequency share
the same tuning method.  That assumption is what causes the tuning to
fail on the second subchannel in my case.  Apparently this is very rare.
  To make a long story short, DanielK gives a brief manual approach in
the text of the ticket.  This approach worked for me, however, it does
require some database adjustments.

Take a look at the ticket for more accurate info.  Sorry if I killed the
explanation.

Rick