[mythtv-users] [Fwd: Re: MythTV sound through SPDIF]

Ludmil Miltchev ludmilmm at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 20:43:33 UTC 2007

I changed both the audio and passthrough output devices to
"ALSA:iec958". This fixed my problem with the sound, when watching TV
and DVDs. However, it did not fix the problem with playing music (mp3s)
through MythTV. I still can't get any sound.
I tried setiign up my Myth Music device also to "ALSA:iec958" but this
didn't help. I tried: "ALSA:spdif" and "default".
I also tried: "ALSA:default" as recommended in "Configuring Digital
Sound" article
<http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Configuring_Digital_Sound>  but with
no result.
BTW, I found out that insead of "ALSA:iec958" I can use "ALSA:spdif" but
still I can't play music in MythTV, even though I have sound while
watching TV or DVDs.
Any ideas? Thanks!
Ludmil