[mythtv-users] Difficulty getting HDHomeRun setup

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Mon Jun 4 15:04:56 UTC 2007

Bob Diss wrote:
>> William Munson <william_munson at bellsouth.net> wrote:
>>
>> There you have my manual-matic way of setting up the
>> database. Good luck, feel free to ask questions if
>>
> you
>
>> get stuck.
>>

> THANK YOU!  I'm all set to begin poking rows into the
> database.  A couple of questions, though, before I
> begin:
>
> 1) I'm using the hdhomerun_config tool to scan
> channels.  It produces output like this:
>
> SCANNING: 747000000 (us-cable:116, us-irc:116)
> LOCK: qam256 (ss=97 snq=90 seq=100)
> PROGRAM: 1: 2.1 E3_1 WB
> PROGRAM: 2: 11.2 E3_2 WT
> PROGRAM: 3: 11.3 E3_3 WT
> PROGRAM: 4: 1.4 E3_4 WT
>
> Your instructions say to write down the qam channel,
> transport frequency, and subtransport number for each
> channel.  In my example above, would that be:
>
> qam channel: 116
> transport frequency: 747000000
> subtransport number: 1 through 4 (PROGRAM #'s)
>
> Is this correct?

Yes thats correct.
> 2)  Your instructions tell me what to setup in the
> "channel" table.  However, I don't know what to put in
> the dtv_multiplex table, and I don't have any rows in
> that table already.  It's columns:
>
> mplexid: auto_increment
> sourceid: videosource.sourceid for the digital lineup?
> transportid: ???
> networkid: ???
> frequency: transport frequency (above)
> inversion: default?
> symbolrate: default?
> fec: default?
> polarity: default?
> modulation: default?
> bandwidth: default?
> lp_code_rate: default?
> transmission_mode: default?
> guard_interval: default?
> visible: 1
> constellation: default?
> hierarchy: default?
> hp_code_rate: default?
> sistandard: default?
> serviceversion: default?
> updatetimestamp: default?

Your channel table is different than mine. I am running SVN trunk which
I compile from source. If you are running something from ATRPMs then you
are probably running 0.20-fixes unless you enable the "bleeding:"
repository. That will get you a reasonably current SVN compile.
> 3) channel.sourceid - is this the value from
> videosource.sourceid?
>
> TIA!

When you use the scan feature built into mythtv-setup it will populate
the dtv-multiplex table and the channels table with info. The
dtv_multiplex should be accurate. Most of the info in the channels table
should also be correct with the exception of the items detailed in the