[mythtv-users] digital cable vs OTA in Toronto

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Fri Jun 1 18:12:39 UTC 2007

At 1:38 PM -0400 6/1/07, Cnudde, Paul wrote:
>If there is anyone on this list in the GTA with an OTA setup (using a digital tuner) my question to you is, are the channels you get any improvement over the unencrypted streams provided by rogers?
>My second question would be, is it be possible to receive them using an indoor antenna from the ground floor of a building?

There is quite a bit of digital OTA available in our area.  Global is the only major Canadian network not yet broadcasting in digital.  As long as you have a reasonably clear path to the CN Tower, an indoor antenna ought to get:

Toronto Stations:
CBLT-DT	CBCE
CFTO-DT	CTV
CKXT-DT
CKXT-DT
CITY-DT

Lots of people want the US networks too.  A good exterior-mounted antenna (like the Channel Master 4221 or 4228) should also pull in the following: