[mythtv-users] Recommendations for a new tuner card on a low-spec machine

Mike Teehan detox.genie at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 14:10:51 UTC 2007

On Friday 01 June 2007 04:36:47 am Steve Smith wrote:
> If processing power is too low to do reliable playback you might also look
> into the Hauppauge Media MVP, a tiny little silent box that runs linux, has
> excellent SD playback quality on ordinary TVs and has a Myth client
> available (mvpmc.org).

I really love my MediaMVP running mvpmc.  The playback quality is great.
Setting it up to boot from Linux was a bit of a task, but not too daunting.
The MythTV frontend for it is easy to use, but apparently the LiveTV feature
isn't working properly (yet).  It does plays recorded shows just fine.

I consider the $70 I spent on my MediaMVP a really good deal.

--- eMpTy