[mythtv-users] pvr-150 ir receiver

Tye Newman newman_t at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 1 13:19:57 UTC 2007

After another week of tweaking and cursing I still can not get LIRC to work.

Just to recap:

I have the PVR-150 with internal ir-receiver/transmitter.  During the install process of Ubuntu/MythTV following the on-line HOW-TO everything worked.  I used irw and MythTV to verify.  I rebooted many many times and things continued to function.  As a note: I am starting the LIRC manually after a reboot.

Then...  I turned the power off for the evening, touched nothing; and the next morning LIRC stopped functioning.  I have no /dev/lirc0 as before.

Any advise to be shared.  BTW I have had the exact same problem with FC6 and MythDora 4

Any help is greatly appreciated, as the wife is now totally tick that the system is not in the living room!

-T