[mythtv-users] Motorola VIP 1200 and 1216

Trey Thompson treythompson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 00:28:23 UTC 2007

Right now I have analog cable and 3 tuners.  AWESOME system!  GO MYTH!!!

I'm thinking of getting AT&T's new U-Verse, which uses the Motorola VIP 1200
(standard receiver, HD, yadda yadda), and the VIP 1216 (DVR model).

It has video out, HDMI with HDCP, ethernet, USB, Component, svideo,
composite and channel 3/4 RF.

Now, I know I could setup the composite to my PVR cards, but, does anyone
know if or how I can get better images off the device?  It reports Video
codecs with advanced compression (MPEG-s, MPEG-4 (H.264), VC-1).

I told the guy on the phone with AT&T what I had, and he said "You can pull
the video off it on any of the interfaces, even the ethernet".

???