[mythtv-users] nuvexport problems

John Veness John.Veness.myth at pelago.org.uk
Tue Jul 31 17:19:58 UTC 2007

James Fidell wrote:
> A different nuvexport problem...
>
> I have a recording of the first show in the morning when a DVB-T channel
> started transmitting.  Recording was actually due to start before the
> channel started transmission and there are a few "blank" minutes at the
> start of the recording.
>
> I've set up cutpoints around the start and end of the program and run
> nuvexport (using ffmpeg), but it fails to start ffmpeg at the following
> line:
>
>           $ffmpeg .= ' -y -f '.($Config{'byteorder'} == 4321 ? 's16be' :
> 's16le')
>                   .' -ar ' . $episode->{'finfo'}{'audio_sample_rate'}
>                   .' -ac ' . $episode->{'finfo'}{'audio_channels'};
>
> because the audio_sample_rate and audio_channels values aren't set.
> This is with mythtv-0.20-fixes and nuvexport-0.4-0.20070717.svn.
>
> I'm guessing this is because mplayer reports that the mpeg file has no
> audio.
>
> Anyone come across this before/know of a fix?
>
> James

James,

I don't have a solution, but just to say that I have the exact same
problem with UK DVB-T broadcasts, with the first program of the day,
when I've got the timer to start a few minutes early, even with setting
cutpoints around the offending periods. It seems both nuvexport, and the
built-in Myth lossless transcoder (which I thought I would try to see if
it would cut out the blanks), don't like this data. Plays fine in Myth
though.

John

--
John Veness, MythTV user