[mythtv-users] Power outages and UPSs

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Tue Jul 31 16:22:29 UTC 2007

On Jul 31, 2007, at 6:37 AM, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> One of my favorite anecdotes: what happens when you get the second
> 50MW
> generator hooked up out of phase:
>
> 	http://yarchive.net/car/rv/generator_synchronization.html

Great link.

At the college where I took Introduction to Power Systems, they
apparently used to do a lab where students would sync a small
generator to the grid.  They stopped doing that one after someone
closed the switch at exactly the wrong moment and the torque threw a
shaft coupling through a cement block wall.  Or so my professor said.