[mythtv-users] frontend cannot lock to channel (dvb-t)

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Tue Jul 31 15:13:47 UTC 2007

Minty wrote:
> On 7/30/07, Minty <mintywalker at gmail.com> wrote:
>> [snip]
>> But when I run mythfrontend, it is unable to get a lock on anything.
>> [snip]
>> Any ideas how I can proceed?  Thanks.
>
> One other point that came up on irc.
>
> When I run scan ... > channels.conf I get two lines for most channels.
>
> Testing with tzap suggests that one set (all with Guard Interval =
> 1/4) work well, the other set (with Guard Interval = 1/32) don't work
> at all.
>
>>From looking in the dtv_multiplex mysql table, it would appear to me
> that mythtv-setup is favoring the 1/32 lot.
>
> Is there any way to get mythtv(-setup) to use the working set of
> channels and not the set that appear not to work?
>
> Thanks!

There is a manual way, although I don't think it's very tidy. Do your
channel scan as usual in mythtv-setup, then go to channel editor ->
transport editor. Once in there, if you can figure out which is which,
you can highlight the dvb multiplexes you don't want and press 'D' to
get rid of them. Doing this also removes the channels associated with
those multiplexes.

Mike Perkins