[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu DVD setup for mytharchive use

Jeff Campbell jeff.campbell at jax.org
Tue Jul 31 14:07:20 UTC 2007

I have tried to find the answer to this with no luck. I went to create a
DVD in mytharchive and everything went fine until It needed to write to
the DVD. What failed is /dev/dvd does not exist.
I know I need to create a symbolic link from where the dvd actually is
to this directory. My question is where is it located? I think it's in
the /media/ directory which has directories cdrom, cdrom0 and cdrom1.
That leads to another question of how do I determine which directory is
the dvd drive?
Any help on this would speed me to completion. I'm running a very simple
system with frontend and backend on the same box.

thanks,

Jeff