[mythtv-users] nuvexport problems

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Jul 31 12:03:28 UTC 2007

Ben Edwards wrote:
> I used to use nuvexport very successfully however I am having real
> problems.  I have tried using the stock ffmpeg for Ubuntu feisty,
> compiling it myself and using the one from medibuntu archives.
> Whatever I do, svcd, vidx, divx ... the results always look like 5th
> generation VHS copies!  I generally accept the defaults.
>
> I also dont seem to be able to get mytharchive working without lipsync
> problems (c other posting) so I have no way of archiving stuff;(
>
> Help!
>
> Ben

You're probably using a newer version of ffmpeg with an older version of
nuvexport. ffmpeg changed the meaning of the bitrates for both audio and
video to mean bits/second rather than Kbits/second. Both nuvexport and
MythArchive have both been updated to use the new format. Search the
archives this has been discussed several times.

It's interesting you're from the UK and have the audio sync problem!
What card are you using? From which channels have you seen recordings
with this problem?

Paul H.