[mythtv-users] Anyone managed to burn standard DVDs

Jake Vickers jake at v2gnu.com
Tue Jul 31 01:12:32 UTC 2007

George Mari wrote:
> Patrick Wagstrom wrote:

>>> create reliable DVDs without lip sync problems.  Is there any other
>>> way of creating DVDs that can be played on normal DVD players?
>>>
>> I'm seeing a lot of responses to this indicating that some people do not
>> have problems, however, most of those people leave out critical details.
>>   I asked a similar question a few months ago and was told that if I
>> transcoded the video basically I could not burn DVDs with good audio sync.
>>

> I suppose *technically* you can't get perfect audio sync if you
> transcode and you are using the cutlist to edit out portions of your
> recording that you don't want on the DVD - I don't know this for sure.
>
> But I can tell you that I just played such a DVD here on my workstation,
>    that I created using MythArchive about 2 or 3 months ago, and
> visually, to my eyes, there is perfect sync between the audio and the
> video - words spoken by characters are heard at the same time I see lips
> moving.
>
> What other critical details are you looking for?  I'd be happy to help
> if I can.

Same here.  I transcode to cut commercials and fit more episodes on a
disk.  I'm recording from standard TV anyway, so the lowest resolution
setting is fine for me.
I have not noticed any syncing issues at all.  I'll also be more than
happy to provide any details you're looking for.  Have you tried burning
a disk and gotten bad audio?