[mythtv-users] mythbackend idle timeout does not start

John Veness John.Veness.myth at pelago.org.uk
Mon Jul 30 19:06:52 UTC 2007

Gary Dawes wrote:
> Hi
>
> I managed to get the acpi shutdown & wakeup working without too  much
> difficulty, however I have a problem with the backend not starting the
> Idle countdown. Mythwelcome, reports that the backend is idle, but
> nothing happens. If I restart the backend, it immeadiately starts the
> countdown, and then everything works as advertised.
>
> I have scoured the lists, checked my program schedules, ran repairs on
> the DB in case there was a problem there, and I'm now at a dead end. I'm
> running 0.20.20060828-3 (from the status page)  on knoppmyth R5E50 if it
> helps.
>
> Regards
>
> Gaz

Are you shutting down fully (i.e. killing all processes and later
starting up Linux from nothing), or suspending to ram or disk? If you
are suspending to ram/disk then tou may have hit the problem I found,
which is that once mythbackend has gone through the countdown, it will
never start the countdown again. I found you needed to kill mythbackend
as part of your suspend script (or resume script I suppose) before it
would work.

If there's a more elegant way of prodding mythbackend so that it will
allow itself to start the countdown again, then I'd be pleased to hear it.

John

--
John Veness, MythTV user