[mythtv-users] Power outages and UPSs

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Mon Jul 30 17:53:09 UTC 2007

    > Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 09:40:42 -0700
    > From: David Brodbeck <gull at gull.us>

    > Remember, if you use a car battery in an indoor application you'll
    > have to vent it.

Yes!  I added that paragraph as an afterthought at the last minute,
and forgot that I had that requirement as one of the things to mention.
Clearly it was too late at night.  Thank you for mentioning that before
somebody did something bad.

So don't do this at home, kids---do it in your garage with its poorly
fitted windows and the draft that blows through it.  Or do it at home
and see if you can accidentally convert the whole -house- to "ghetto"
mode by surprise.

(Granted, unless you're doing this in a closet, it's unlikely that
it can vent enough to get the partial pressure of H2 anywhere near
combustion, but still.  Dumb risk to take to save a couple bucks.)