[mythtv-users] Very slow navigation in guide

Matt Doran matt.doran at papercut.biz
Mon Jul 30 12:14:28 UTC 2007

Raphael wrote:
> It just started happening recently, and I feel that in my case it is
> somehow the result of getting 700 new channels. Previously I was using
> cable with only 75-100 or so channels and the guide was always super
> snappy, TV preview or not. Now, with this digital cable thing there are
> tons more channels, and I feel like mysql being too slow could be the
> problem, as if somehow the channels table is so big it's having issues
> just searching through it.  But really, I don't know a think about how
> the database works, and have no idea how to fix this.
> Could it also be because I have two line-ups, so some channels (2-100)
> are duplicated (one on each input)?

I don't think the number of channels is the cause.  I'm in australia and
don't have any "cable" channels....  so I only have about 8-9 channels
in the guide (some just HD versions of the same channel).    So I can't
imagine my schedule tables are big enough to cause the problem.

There's definately something odd going on here ... I just need some time
to investigate.