[mythtv-users] New to list, replacing Sky+, DVD, etc

Matt Bruce lists at jumile.me.uk
Mon Jul 30 09:42:29 UTC 2007

Thanks for the info, Nick.

Andrew Williams wrote:
> Sky's encryption system is "in-house" to NewsCorp, so no CAMs are
> available for NDS (as far as I know). You'll have to use a Sky box
> with a PVR-150 or its ilk to get full channel access.

Ahh, CAMs. Lots more to learn. :)

> You can use XMLTV to grab Radio Time's feed, covers most of the main
> channels but some others you'll have to suffer with Now/Next

That's not so bad. Just have to remember what life was like pre-payTV
and get reading those TV listings again...

Does anyone have opinions on my other questions about good dual-LNB
DVB-S cards, etc? I'm not looking to hang someone on a recommendation,
but if I get a better idea of what others are using I can make a
start.

Cheers,
Matt