[mythtv-users] DVD .iso audio "stuttering"

Bryan Gonderinger bjg at gobgk.com
Sun Jul 29 18:29:27 UTC 2007

I'm trying to play back DVD .iso files on my Myth system and am experiencing
audio problems.  While the FBI warnings are on the screen (i.e. no audio),
there is silence, but as soon as the menu displays (presumably with
background music), I hear a loud "stuttering" sound (not sure how exactly to
describe it - like a motorboat, perhaps, or maybe chainsaw).  The sound is
repetitive, continuous and fairly loud (I can hear parts of the audio in the
background, but it sounds corrupted).

I did some searches on the mailing list, but didn't come across any that
seem to address this sort of issue.

All other audio (MP3, recorded TV, non-ISO video files) plays fine.  I've
tried changing the file association for iso to use mplayer and xine, and I
get the same audio every time (although I'm not 100% sure Myth is using the
new players - I see a message that reads "Default Settings" pop up in the
upper-left corner of the screen right before playback starts no matter what
I have the association set to).  I'm changing the association in a different
instance of mythfrontend than I'm using to play the videos back - perhaps
the other instance isn't picking up the change?  (I checked the database,
and the changes are there).

I'm runing myth 0.20.1-158 under FC6.

Anyway, was wondering if anyone had run into something like this before, or
had any ideas on what to try to resolve it.  If it would help, I can record
a sample of the audio and post it on the web someplace so you can hear what
I'm referring to.

Since it appears to happen with all the players (well, maybe), I'm wondering
if it could be something with my audio setup (i.e. outside of Myth).

Thanks!
Bryan

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
3:50 PM