[mythtv-users] Converting LVM from fedora 5 to Fedora 7

Stephen Kitchener stephen at g6dzj.demon.co.uk
Sun Jul 29 14:44:37 UTC 2007

On Sunday 29 Jul 2007 14:25, Jos Hoekstra wrote:
> John Drescher schreef op 29-7-2007 14:44:
> > On 7/29/07, Stephen Kitchener <stephen at g6dzj.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> >> Hi List,
> >>
> >> I am converting my system from Fedora 5 to Fedora 7 and the only problem
> >> that I have encountered so far is that the LVM from the old system
> >> causes.
> >>
> >> EXT3-fs error (device dm-2): ext3_get_inode_loc: unable to read inode
> >> block - inode=16793711, block=33587205
> >> attempt to access beyond end of device
> >> sdb: rw=32, want=268698095, limit=66055248
> >
> > Although I do not use Fedora I believe the problem has nothing to do
> > with os version.
> >
> > It looks like you have a LVM with multiple drives and only the first
> > drive has been added to the LVM. Have you used the pvs to show what
> > drives are in the LVM? Have you checked for errors in your dmesg
> > output?
> >
> > John
>
> You might also want to look at the libata thing? If I'm not mistaken
> that's a change in F7 as opposed to previous versions, which would could
> cause certaing HD's to change names and thus drop out of your lvm-config.

Sorry to say that it's a single drive lvm, so, don't know what's going on
apart from reading (I seem to remember, though I could be wrong) that the new
formatting of lvm or is it ext3 makes an extra space at the end of the drive.

Any way, I think my best way out of this is to copy the data somewhere (don't
know where yet) make a new drive (lvm+ext3) and copy the stuff back...

Thanks for the input though

> 2cts,
>
> Jos Hoekstra

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0.