[mythtv-users] Myth not transcoding

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Sun Jul 29 13:41:10 UTC 2007

Martin Turner wrote:
> As Nick pointed out I replied to an existing email and cleared it out rather
> than post a fresh one. For the benifet of peopel using threading in their
> mail clients here is the same question in a fresh thread.
>
> I seem to have broken my job queue. I have no idea when this happened but
> Myth no longer appears to be inserting jobs in to its job queue (no commflag
> or auto-transcode). I'm getting no mention of it trying in the logs, nothing
> appears to be failing. Does anyone have any ideas as to what setting I may
> have flicked? (the commflag and transcodes jobs are alowed in myth-setup and
> mtd is running)

Sounds like you have a corrupted database. Have you tried running the
myth_optimizedb.pl script from the contribs directory? That may fix your
problem and should make your system run a bit faster too. I run it
weekly from a cron job to keep my database trimmed.

PS - Smart move reposting with a fresh thread. Its never good form to
hijack a thread, as you found out its a touchy subject in a high volume
list like this one. :-)