[mythtv-users] yum update broke myth on f7 using atrpms

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sun Jul 29 12:09:49 UTC 2007

Fixing the subject, this is not about Fedora 8, but 7 (although there
are already packages for F8)

On Sat, Jul 28, 2007 at 07:07:03PM -0700, Monkey Pet wrote:
> I did a yum update, afterwards mythtv refuses to start... wondering if
> anyone else ran into this issue.  I just did it today.  I am running
> fc8.
>
> [root at mythtv fa]# /etc/init.d/mythbackend restart
> Stopping mythbackend:                                      [FAILED]
> Starting mythbackend: /usr/bin/mythbackend: error while loading shared
> libraries: libmythtv-0.20.1.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No
> such file or directory
>                                                            [FAILED]

You seem to be missing a couple of packages, rpm -V on mythtv-backend
will probably show you that there are broken dependencies in your
system. This is not a state a depsolver should be able to place you
into, maybe you messed with manual installs and rpm --nodeps?