[mythtv-users] problems with mythtv-setup

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sun Jul 29 05:03:03 UTC 2007

On Jul 28, 2007, at 10:00 PM, Robert Stuart wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got a Fedora 7 box with an NVidia card, and I have installed
> mythtv-suite rpms via atrpms repo. I'm basically following the mythtv
> install on fedora instructions.
>
> In any case, things are all installed nicely, but when I run
> mythtv-setup, it talks about theme images for a few seconds and then
> goes to a screen titled "main" with a spanner displays. I'm assuming
> there is supposed to be a list of setup actions here, but no words
> show
> up. If I hit keys, I can get to a few things, but from the docs, there
> should be more.
>
> Any ideas as to why I'm not seeing this setup menu?
>
> Regards
> Robert

Sounds like OpenGL isn't working. You can either turn off OpenGL
(check the archives on how to do this from the command line - it
escapes me at the moment) or get OpenGL to work correctly. The latter
is probably a better idea since you will want it to work at some
point. :) I do know that using the mvidia binaries is the way to go,
so if you're using the nv open source driver, switch to the nvidia one.