[mythtv-users] Live tv does not work with channel changer, times out

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Sat Jul 28 23:53:04 UTC 2007

Is there a setting for the amount of time the frontend waits for the backend
when starting live tv? I have a dishnetwork channel changing script and the
frontend times out before the backend finishes changing channels and starts
the recording ring buffer. I can see it in the backend changing the channels
and the frontend stops, then the backend complains about the socket handle
being invalid because the frontend had exited live tv mode. It works if I
start a recording on the dish input then do live tv because it forces it to
use the OTA hd inputs that don't have the channel changing script.

- James