[mythtv-users] Missing keys.txt

John nesredep at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 12:36:39 UTC 2007

On 7/28/07, norman <norman at littletank.org> wrote:

> > I've seen mention that a file called keys.txt contains specifications
> > of what different key-strokes are supposed to do.  However, on my .20
> > binary package installed on Debian Etch, there is no such file.
> >
> > Is keys.txt an obsolete method of defining key functions?
>
> I am not certain what you want but is this any use to you?
> http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/keys.txt

In my installed Debian package, I do see files that look like the one
you identified above, only they are zipped versions, ending in .gz

I thought maybe there was supposed to be a keys.txt which mythtv (the
program) used to bind a specific action to a specific keystroke name.

The file you pointed to seeemed to be more documentation than part of
the program.

Maybe the "keystroke name" to "action" is hardcoded in the program
someplace.  I don't think I would care to dig through the source code
to find out.  Thanks for the info.

John