[mythtv-users] VIA ITX and case recommendations for MythTV

John Fountain johnfountain at mac.com
Fri Jul 27 06:53:19 UTC 2007

> There seems to be quite a lot of ITX boards to choose from,
> has anyone got any recommendations,
> also suitable cases ?
>
> kk

I'm running a VIA MII 10k with a pvr150, 512mb ram, fedora core 6 as
a FE/BE combination and it's been plenty powerful enough to record 1
channel, watch a previous recording and run multiple torrents without
stuttering. The fan on the processor on this board is pretty loud
though. I wound up replacing it with a quieter one but I don't recall
where I got it.

The case I chose is a casetronic travla c138: http://72.52.100.21/
products/Travla/c138/C138.html. However the capacitors on the
powersupply supplied with the case popped after about a years worth
of use. This wasn't much of an issue though, for $3 and 30 minutes
work I soldered new ones in and it's been fine ever since. I also
replaced the case fan with a quieter one, like the motherboard, it
was much too loud to use as a living room pc with the supplied fan.

Hope this helps you make a decision.

-john