[mythtv-users] Graphics cards that fit in a Silverstone LC16M case.

Bob maillists.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 22:04:21 UTC 2007

Hi.

I'm considering a Silverstone LC16M case for a mythtv frontend.  Eventually I
might want to put a graphics card in addition to the onboard graphics.

Silverstone says:

"Due to the center-mounting optical drive design, the space for longer
graphics cards are limited to approximately 225mm assuming the optical drive
used is 160mm long. The following are the length of the various cards for
reference:
7800GTX 512 = 230mm
7800GTX 256 = 230mm
6800 Ultra = 220mm
X1800XT = 230mm
X1800XL = 230mm
X1600XT = 170mm"

http://www.silverstonetek.com/qa/qa_contents.php?pno=lc16m&area=usa

I was thinking I'd try a GeForce 7300 card, maybe one of the Asus Silent
passively cooled ones.  Any ideas how long the 7300s are?  It'd be a pity to
miss by 5mm.

Alternatively does anyone with one of these cases think that a notch could be
cut out of the drive enclosure, or does the card hit the actual drive?

Cheers
Bob