[mythtv-users] Random mythbackend exits

Phil Figgins habajaba at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 17:09:54 UTC 2007

David,
No dice here. It can go for a week without a crash, but sometimes as little
as 15 minutes in between them. It seems that no one has an answer, and I
simply don't know enough about Linux to figure it out. My plan is to build a
temporary backend out of some older hardware to replace this one and then
rebuild this one. I'd be glad to hear from anyone with ideas before I waste
time building 2 systems.

My current "fix" when the wife & kids say "the tv's broke again" is to fire
up TeraTerm and run "/etc/init.d/mythbackend restart". The stop of the
mythbackend service fails each time since it's already dead. So I think the
errors we see in our logs are just building up to whatever is killing the
service. That might explain why it's not the same error every time. It seems
like the failure to connect to itself is the beginning of things going
downhill.

FYI - I'm running MythDora 3.2 on more than capable hardware.

Phil