[mythtv-users] PVR-150 problem

Henrik Beckman henrik.list at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 17:04:15 UTC 2007

A very premature estimate, but it seems to be ok now with pci-latency at 128
and Hans new code.

This is my media pc.
Asus A8N-VM CSM (sound, firewire, LP and serial disabled).
Feisty fawn with 2.6.22-1 and currently with Hans latest ivtv driver.
Nova-t 500 with recent dvb source.
A64 3200+ with speedstepping (or whatever it´s called) enabled.
2GB RAM
Antec fusion, MCE2 usb remote.
2x samsung SATA HDD, SATA DVD recorder.
Siniantech USB soundcard, very cheap very nice with optical out. PCM died on
my onboard sound, only PCM not passthrough and not analog.

The DMA error i had with 2.6.17-10 was 'ENC: REDO DMA took too many tries'
in messages.
Now I just get 'MPEGRec(/dev/video0) Error: select timeout - ivtv driver has
stopped responding'
In mythbackend.log

That´s about it.
I´ll post when I´ve run some more recordings and stress testing.

/Henrik