[mythtv-users] Case comparison - Silverstone LC16M and Antec Fusion V2 Silver

Carl Lewis carl.lewis at dpiw.tas.gov.au
Thu Jul 26 06:51:33 UTC 2007

Bob wrote:
> On Thursday 26 July 2007 18:08, Phil Vid wrote:
>>> Also, what are peoples opinions on VFDs?  Do you find they are actually
>>> useful?
>>>
>>> I suppose it might save turning on the tv to queue up some more music,
>>> but 2 lines of text sounds like a pretty thin user interface.
I've a silverstone 14m and that's exactly what I did. Mapped the front
buttons to the basic functions and use them to navigate
the menus and play music or do other simple functions.
Only place it falls down is on pop up boxes, like the
options after you press right on a recording.

It means I don't have to turn the projector on if it's
only needed for 5 minutes. One day I'll get
around to setting up a second head (probably cloned)
for that and kids programs.

Cheers
Carl.