[mythtv-users] Motherboard with AMD 690G / ATI Radeon x1250 - any good for mythtv?

Bob maillists.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 05:35:55 UTC 2007

On Thursday 26 July 2007 16:28, David George wrote:

> The Asus M2NPV-VM is definitely gigabit ethernet.  It also includes a
> back panel bracket that has the composite, s-video, and component video
> output.  I have about 8 of these motherboards and they work very well.
> Some with X2 3600+ and some with X2 4200+.  There is SPDIF on the
> motherboard, but you will need to buy or make the adapter.  It also has
> VGA and DVI-D on the I/O panel.

Strong recommendation for the Asus M2NPV-VM.  Bit of a pain having to burn up
two expansion slots just to get an SPDIF and a composite connector though.

> If you really want HDMI, I also have the Biostar 7050PV with an X2
> 4600+.

Not a biggie.  It's for an HDMI projector, sounds not needed so an adapter
will be alright.

> Not getting the SPDIF adapter in either case is annoying, but they are
> both good motherboards.  The SPDIF adapter is easy enough to make if you
> have soldering experience, just a couple of capacitors and a resistor.

The bought ones are a bit of a rort.  The Asus one is almost 20% of the price
of the whole motherboard.

Bob