[mythtv-users] mythvideo files and commflag

Steve MacLaren scram69 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 22:44:19 UTC 2007

On 7/25/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> > So far, however, my experiment has resulted in an entry in "Watch
> > Recordings" for which Myth claims there is no file, and a corrupted
> > database that is causing daily backend crashes.
>
> Corrupted DB or corrupted data?  Corrupted DB should be fixed with
> optimize_mythdb.pl.  Fixing corrupted data (which can occur while a DB
> is corrupted) is not automatic.

Good question.  I have a cron job to run opitimize_mythdb.pl which finally
got a chance to run last night, so we'll see.

> > Before I troubleshoot this method further, I just wanted to ask if I
> > am pursing the correct/best method to do what I want, or is there
> > something much simpler/easier/less disruptive that I should be trying?
>
> That's the "appropriate" solution for getting metadata into the DB as if
> the file were originally recorded by the Myth box.  Chances are you used
> a version of myth.rebuilddatabase.pl that didn't come with your version
> of mythtv, so it corrupted the data in your DB.

I used the very script that came in the contrib directory of my myth
install.  But the script asks a _lot_ of questions along the way, so chances
are there was operator error involved...

IMHO, the best solution for your particular case is probably to just use
> avidemux2 or something to remove the commercials and leave the
> recordings in MythVideo.

Thanks for the tip.  I'll try avidemux2 out tonight-

-Steve

--
"It's easy enough to name those who would piss themselves with joy over the