[mythtv-users] mythvideo files and commflag

Steve MacLaren scram69 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 20:26:58 UTC 2007

I have several kids' movie mpegs recorded off TV from my previous PVR
solution in my mythvideo database.  Since these broadcasts contain
commercials, I would like to use the commercial flagging/skipping routines
in Myth to flag, skip and/or remove the commercials.

Searching the list archives has lead me to try myth.rebuilddatabase.pl with
the --file option as a solution; this creates a database entry for the mpeg
as if it were an "orphaned" recording.  Presumably, then I could run
mythcommflag on the file to create the commercial flags.  This  creates a
new entry under "Watch Recordings".

So far, however, my experiment has resulted in an entry in "Watch
Recordings" for which Myth claims there is no file, and a corrupted database
that is causing daily backend crashes.  Before I troubleshoot this method
further, I just wanted to ask if I am pursing the correct/best method to do
what I want, or is there something much simpler/easier/less disruptive that
I should be trying?

Thanks,
Steve