[mythtv-users] Seeking Advice

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 19:59:15 UTC 2007

Somewhat off topic, what are the best multi-tuner single card solutions?

I imagine one can stick 4-5 USB tuners on a hub but at some point you have
to max out the USB 2.0...
Then you could stick a couple of the 4-5 port USB cards into your PCI slots
but at some point you have to max out the PCI bus...

Can the USB tuners and hubs *really* support full rate capture on a fully
loaded USB bus?  (I can't believe there is much buffering capacity in the
tuner (+ converter?) and/or the USB hub/card -- at some point something has
to start losing data.)

Is there a table around which matches the USB bus / PCI bus (or PCIe bus) /
Disk bandwidth vs. tuner throughput requirements for NTSC and HDTV?

Thanks,
Robert