[mythtv-users] nuvexport and ffmpeg

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jul 25 18:49:36 UTC 2007

On 07/25/2007 02:36 PM, Bilge Tutak wrote:
> I see exactly the same problem. I was using ffmpeg built from source
> on Ubuntu Breezy. The transcoding with ffmpeg for dvd resulted good
> quality videos. This weekend I updated my ubuntu to Feisty, and
> replaced everything related to the mythtv. Funny, I thought I had a
> backup and I did not :). Anyway, with the current ffmpeg ubuntu feisty
> package I am getting crappy quality (Big pixelated pictures).
> I was thinking going back to old version of ffmpeg. Did anybody tried
> this solution?
> I do not want to use transcode or mencoder since I am transcoding huge
> amounts of shows.

Sounds like your old version of ffmpeg was one that used kbps for
bitrate values and your new one is one that uses bps.  And, you've got
an nuvexport that hasn't been updated.  Probably just need to update
your nuvexport (assuming a 0.20-fixes-compatible version of nuvexport
has been updated for the change).

If there isn't one that works for your version of Myth, look at:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/12184
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/13791
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/13792

Mike