[mythtv-users] Nvidia 8600 video tearing, how solve?

Michelle Dupuis support at ocg.ca
Tue Jul 24 23:23:44 UTC 2007

As my myth is getting better every day, I'm getting fussier :)  My next
problem is regular tearing of the image during playback.  I started
mythfrontend with "-v playback" and saw these errors:

nVidiaVideoSync: VBlank ioctl did not work, unimplemented in this driver?
DRMVideoSync: Could not open device /dev/dri/card0, No such file or
directory

I've got a new Nvidia 8600GS video card...so it should have plenty of
horsepower.  I'm running the latest drivers (ver 100.14.11) so the feature
should be supported.

Anyone know how to turn on this Vblank using the nvidia driver?  Solutions?

Thanks,
MD