[mythtv-users] Merging master backends?

Dave Phillips family_of_phillips at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 24 22:14:37 UTC 2007

Hi Ken,
  I am in the same situation.
  I haven't seen any detailed steps for it yet.
  But here is what I was going to do when I had the time.
  1. extract(backup) the contents of the recordings database from the master I am retiring.
  2. copy all of the recordings from the retiring boxes myth/tv directory to the new single master /myth/tv directory
  3. Import(restore) the contents into the new single masters database using the script generated in step 1.

  Of course I would do all those things you are supposed to do like backup the database before, blah blah blah.

  Now I "had" the script to extract what was needed and create a series of insert statements but I can't find it right now.
  I will post it tonight if I can dig it up.

  Dave

Ken Mandelberg <km at mathcs.emory.edu> wrote:
  I have two independent master backends, and I would like to convert one
into a non-master logically merging the contents.

Any pointers on this?