[mythtv-users] ACPI Suspend and wakeup questions

Steve Smith st3v3.sm1th at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 15:48:14 UTC 2007

On 24/07/07, Michelle Dupuis <support at ocg.ca> wrote:

> Serial port won't wakeup the system sorry (unless you have a real nice
> bios)
>
> System will boot up from any state (including complete power off).
>
> MD

I could be wrong but.... wake on (external) modem is actually wake on
serial...I believe the RI (Ring indicator) line of the serial port gives the
signal to wake up. However whether this will actually work with an IR device
is a different matter. There was a guy on the "mvpmc" list that was using
the video signal (modified with his own circuit) to wake up his box when the
MediaMVP was switched on....

So in principle it could be done, in practice you'd need the right circuit.

Cheers

Steve