[mythtv-users] OT: Antec Fusion Version 2 "MCE-compatible IR receiver"

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 12:28:06 UTC 2007

> > I tried to test it with mceusb and mceusb2, but irrecord did not even
> load.
>
> Considering that there isn't a real USB MCE receiver, that makes complete
> sense.

absolutely correct, but I hoped :)

I would like to be able to reprogram my remote, instead of buying a
new one. But the MCE remote is the only one which is able to turn my
mythbox on (from S3-S5).

> > I am searching for a nice MCE compabitble remote (RC6 protocol) ... Any
> > suggestions? The standard MCE remote looks terrible ...
>
> YMMV, but I like the MCE remote that came with my PVR-150MCE's.  Anyway,
> some of the One-For-All remotes do have a code for Windows MCE, but not very
> many..

I have a standard pvr150 (not mce) which have an another remote, and
pvr150mce are really rare in europe at the moment. But that is
practically same remote as the original MCE remote, the are not enough
buttons for my taste, I don't like the location of the buttons etc.

> > Can Logitech Harmony be MCE compatible???
>
> Yes!  It's one of the choices available in the Harmony remote setup, and it
> works fine.

That's a good news, although I don't like the form of Harmony, i.e.
position of pause/play and other control buttons...

Thanks

M.