[mythtv-users] OT: Antec Fusion Version 2 "MCE-compatible IR receiver"

Carl Fongheiser carlfongheiser at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 12:03:03 UTC 2007

On 7/24/07, Ma Begaj <derliebegott at gmail.com> wrote:

> I do not have MCE remote and I cannot test IR, but the "volume knob"
> is working without any problems. Lirc with "lirc_imon" should cover IR
> and the knob, but I am not sure, because it expects "MCE compatible
> remote" and not Imon remote ...
>
> I tried to test it with mceusb and mceusb2, but irrecord did not even
> load.

Considering that there isn't a real USB MCE receiver, that makes complete
sense.

I searching for a nice MCE compabitble remote (RC6 protocol) ... Any
> suggestions? There standard MCE remote looks terrible ...

YMMV, but I like the MCE remote that came with my PVR-150MCE's.  Anyway,
some of the One-For-All remotes do have a code for Windows MCE, but not very
many..

Can Logitech Harmony be MCE compatible???

Yes!  It's one of the choices available in the Harmony remote setup, and it
works fine.

Carl Fongheiser