[mythtv-users] Nova-T 500 changed

Christian Chambers cchambers at retfordoaks.notts.sch.uk
Tue Jul 24 11:31:57 UTC 2007

Has anyone else noticed that recent Nova-t 500 dual tuner cards have
changed. We have tried using the mythTV wiki instructions for installing
the card on Ubuntu Fiesty but to no avail.  I can only say, having made
sure that the card does work (installing on Windows XP with its cd),
that there has been a change in the card without telling the
unsuspecting buyer.  Might have something to do with the "Diversity
option" that seems to be included now.

When installed in Ubuntu Fiesty an lspci tells me that it is a Hauppauge
card but an unknown device 6800.

Are any genius driver gurus working on this new card yet? We were
looking forward to getting a mythTv box working before the start of next
term and whilst we have now ordered a nova-t pci now ( I hope this is
still functional) we would like to use the Nova-t 500 soon.

Thanks
Christian