[mythtv-users] ok, I'm not getting my usb->serial directv solution working

Tim Litwiller timlitw at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 23:00:38 UTC 2007

here is what dmesg shows when I plug in the usb device that came with my
pvr-500

usb 1-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 5

lirc_mceusb2: Philips eHome USB IR Transciever and Microsoft MCE 2005 Remote
Control driver for LIRC $Revision: 1.25 $
lirc_mceusb2: Daniel Melander <lirc at rajidae.se>, Martin Blatter <
martin_a_blatter at yahoo.com>
usb 1-2: reset full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 5
lirc_dev: lirc_register_plugin: sample_rate: 0
lirc_mceusb2[5]: SMK eHome Infrared Transceiver on usb1:5
usbcore: registered new interface driver lirc_mceusb2

lsusb shows
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0609:031d SMK Manufacturing, Inc.