[mythtv-users] OT: PVR-150 RS 15-2116 stuttering weirdness

Tony Coffman tony at emitony.com
Mon Jul 23 17:09:20 UTC 2007

Has anybody seen this before?

I use a Radio Shack 15-2116 and the PVR-150 retail edition IR receiver
(configured pretty much per Jarod Wilson's excellent guide).

Using mode2 - when I hold down a key on the remote I only see 5 repeats,
followed by a 1-2 second pause, followed by 5 repeats.

I'm pretty sure using mode2 takes lircd and lircd.conf completely out of
the picture.

I previously used the same remote with a PVR-250 and I didn't see this
stuttering behavior.

Is there something wrong with the IR receiver on my 150?

The setup is usable with mythtv - as a matter of fact I've been using it
for a couple of years like this but just decided to see if I could track
it down.  So far I'm stuck because I think the only things left to try
are replacing the PVR-150 or finding out there is some bug in the lirc
kernel module.

--Tony