[mythtv-users] ok, I'm not getting my usb->serial directv solution working

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 23 10:36:43 UTC 2007

Tim Litwiller wrote:
> so, my pvr-500 cam with a ms remote and a usb dongle that has and irc
> send and reciever - is there any way I can use at least that until I
> get some different cables coming?

Your bad cable issue.... Did you verify that the control port in the
back of your receiver is set to the correct mode? Mine was set to some
funky device control mode and I had to change the setting in one of the
menus in the receiver. This was a few years ago and I am sure it was a
different model than you have now but you may need to change something
in the menus to enable the port in the back.

Good luck,
Bill