[mythtv-users] mythtv-setup with mouse cursor problems and blank screen

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon Jul 23 09:04:07 UTC 2007

Robert Bradbury wrote:

> 1. Ignoring the 65 MB of "extra" themes I could have installed...  Did
> the mythtv developers work for a disk drive company?  If there are that
> many visually oriented "theme" developers around, then I have a project
> known as Nano at Home which could benefit from the extra time they seem to
> have on their hands...

You do realise that recording video takes up great quantites of disk
space? If you can't manage to find 65Mb for themes you are wasting your
time with Myth completely. Many of the folks on this mailing list use
*terabytes* of storage. Standard definition TV (SD) runs at about 2Gb
per hour as recorded, High Definition (HD) 4 or 5 times that at least.
It doesn't take long to fill up almost any disk you care to add to your
system, as anyone here will tell you.

Mike Perkins