[mythtv-users] Myth Video (XINE) for DVD

Razza ray at brambletree.net
Sun Jul 22 14:21:11 UTC 2007

All,

Looking for a little advice, i'm running the latest and greatest MythDora
(which is fantastic!) as a frontend. I have two questions -

1.       What are the pro's/con's of using .iso's for your DVD collection?

2.       Why do some .iso's play no problem in Xine and some i get "there is
no demux plug in......" when I have created them all equal (e.g. DVDShrink
followed by 'mkisofs -dvd-video -o /destination.iso /source'?

Thanks