[mythtv-users] Mythweather - add screens not working..

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Sun Jul 22 00:17:59 UTC 2007

A JM wrote:
> I'm trying to add screens on Mythweather SVN 14021 and each time I try
> to add a screen I get the message "Screen cannot be used, not all
> required data is supplied by existing sources" any ideas on how to
> solve that?
>
> Thanks,

You may also be running into this issue which I found in the archives.

 > OK. It looks like searching for "southeast" pulled up the maps that
 > I was looking for. When I try to add an animated map, though, it pops
 > up "Screen cannot be used, not all required data is supplied by
 > existing sources". I don't even have an option to search for my
 > location. Does this sound right?

Yes.. that means that the animated maps aren't working. :)

Again, I have to use Fedora paths because it is all I am familiar with,
but try testing the script directly:
cd /usr/share/mythtv/mythweather/scripts
./animaps.pl

If it gives you an error (missing perl module), then you are missing
some software in order to make it work. Specifically, for animaps.pl,
you need:
ImageMagick-perl (the ImageMagick perl libraries)
Image::Size

-Rich